Introducing PSICO® Performance Air Box kit to suit.
The all Australian Fabricated Air Box is packed with features ensuring it is your first choice when you a looking to upgrade your vehicles intake system.
- The High quality Australian made Air Box is fabricated from 2.5 mm aluminium sheet metal ensuring high strength and no rust ever.
- PSICO® Performance Air Boxes feature a 10 mm thick polycarbonate lid engraved with PSICO® Performance logo. This lid allows easy inspection and maintenance of your air filter. It is also simple to tell if any water has ingress into the system requiring drainage. Being a simple to check system ensures you will never have to worry about possible engine failure or premature wear due to an excessively blocked air filter or possibly water in the inlet system.
- The Air Box mounts into the factory location.
- The Air Box can be optioned with a 4” inlet ready to install to suit 4” Stainless Steel Snorkels.
- The Air Box comes standard in a durable satin black powder coat finish.
- The Air Box features an easy to access billet drain port with an anodized billet in-hex drain bung. This bung can be left open during normal conditions or easily installed to fully seal your air box when travelling through water crossings.
- Utilizing large conical PSICO® Performance clamp on filters ensures that no air or dust can bypass the air filter. This can be a common problem associated with compression sealed cylinder or panel type filters.
- Easy to follow instructions and cutting templates make installing the kit simple. It can easily be installed DIY in a few hours.
- Proven service history. These Air Box kits have been installed on numerous vehicles, they have been proven to be very durable as well as very effective and efficient in increasing inlet flow. This Air Box kit has been installed on many vehicles that with additional modifications are supporting high horsepower applications.
- All Australian Fabricated construction. Your money stays in Australia and supports Australian businesses, jobs and families.
- Available with a range of long life cleanable/washable PSICO® Performance air filters to suit your specific needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will your Airbox fit with plastic snorkels?
Yes, the majority of our air boxes have been developed to connect to a plastic snorkel as well as Stainless steel snorkels. Although the airbox can be connected to a plastic snorkel most plastic snorkels are poorly sealed or unable to be fully watertight sealed at connection points.
We recommend using a stainless steel snorkel when a watertight intake system is required.
Will my vehicle need tuning after fitting one of your products?
No, tuning is not a necessity when upgrading the intake of your vehicle however, tuning can unleash additional power. When installing performance intake upgrades the vehicle has a greater potential for higher air density going into the motor.
The higher density air will increase the potential for power to be increased safely while maintaining safe combustion temperatures.
Without tuning the benefits of an intake system will be better efficiency, lower EGT Temperatures, improved economy, reduced heat soak power loss.
With the benefits of tuning Power can be increased while still maintaining safe engine parameters .
How do I Choose which Filter will best suit my needs?
When choosing your filter, we recommend using our Offroad filter if you plan on taking your vehicle into dusty situations.
These may include things like farm work, driving in convoy off-road, driving in dry dusty conditions etc.
The offroad filter will give your engine the best possible protection against dust ingress while still providing great flow properties.
If you do predominantly on-road driving with the occasional offroad adventure then our hi flow may be able to offer some additional flow.
The hi flow filter provides great filtration for larger particles 5 microns and above while still allowing the maximum flow. Suited to on road and off-road conditions where dust is minimal. Beach, mud etc.
Whats included in a kit?
All PSICO Performance kits come complete with instructions, templates, and all quality components required to install the component. You just supply the time and tools.
Are your Airboxes fully sealed?
Yes, our air boxes are designed to create a fully sealed water tight intake system. Our air boxes run an o’ringed port bung on air boxes that are easily accessible.
On air boxes that are in hard to access areas we run a hose to an easy to access location making it simple and easy to monitor and drain any water if necessary.
Some customers opt to leave there air box bung out to drain auto and install only when necessary. In order to ensure your intake system is fully sealed we recommend testing at install and regular intervals.
Note in order to have an entirely sealed intake system requires using suitable snorkel and components combined.
How long will it take me to fit a product?
Most of our products can be easily installed in 2-3hrs.
Are your products Flow Tested?
Yes, we flow test all of our products and ensure that every product we make significantly increases the intake flow and efficiency.