Garrett G Series G55 Turbochargers
Please note: stainless steel turbine housing kit sold separately:
- T6 Inlet: 1.00 A/R, 1.12 A/R, 1.24 A/R, 1.40 A/R
- V-Band Inlet: 1.24 A/R, 1.40 A/R
The first two numbers indicate the turbo frame size. The larger the number the larger the turbine wheel. The numbers following the dash indicate the peak potential flywheel horsepower rating. There are 7 G55 turbochargers with different compressor inducer sizes and horsepower ranges: G55-1850 (85mm) | G55-1950 (88mm) G55-2100 (91mm) | G55-2250 (94mm) | G55-2450 (98mm) | G55-2650 (102mm) G55-2900 (106mm). G Series | G55 turbos are interchangeable with GTX5533R Gen II and G Series | G57, allowing turbos to be installed without the need to change/modify piping. Forged, fully-machined compressor wheels are offered in inducer sizes of 85mm, 88mm, 91mm, 94mm, 98mm, 102mm, and 106mm and can support from 1000 up to 2900 horsepower.
G Series | G55 feature the same compressor stage (compressor housing and compressor wheel) as the popular GTX5533R and GTX5544R Gen II turbos. The main difference is the center housing and turbine wheel aero. The air cooled center housing is one piece aluminum and is 28% lighter than GTX. The G Series | G55 turbine wheel is 4mm larger at the turbine exducer and provides up to 15% more turbine flow than GTX. It features advanced aerodynamics, and a redesigned hub that can decrease spool-up time by 6%.
Advancements in turbine aero will reduce backpressure on an engine (if operated at the same turbo RPM) allowing the engine to operate more efficiently and with less strain on internal components. This is because the turbine wheel can flow up to 15% more exhaust volume when compared to the GTX turbine wheel.
- 85mm | 88mm | 91mm | 94mm | 98mm | 102mm | 106mm
- GTX Gen II compressor aerodynamics
- 106mm turbine exducer (+4mm compared to GTX55)
- 15% more turbine flow (compared to GTX)
- Stainless steel turbine housings with V-Band and T6 inlet flanges
- One-piece aluminum center housing (28% lighter)
- 16mm dual ceramic ball bearing with steel cages
- Outline interchangeable with GTX Gen II turbos
|Garrett G Series G55-2100 (91mm)||Compressor||Turbine|