5L LN167 TOYOTA HILUX TURBOCHARGER KIT – PREMIUM
The brand new HD Auto Hilux Premium Turbocharger Kit – V2
Since its release, our turbocharger kit has been the most popular kit on the market with Hilux owners domestically and overseas seeing over 100% gains in power and torque. As aero technology becomes more advanced, turbocharger manufacters can begin to offer compact & highly efficient designs. As these advances find their way into products suitable for the demands of the diesel performance market and in line with our desire to consistently produce the best performing product, we have made the shift to the Garrett based turbo. Testing of these units have gone above and beyond our expectations and we are proud to announce the V2 of the HD Auto turbo kit.
What’s included in this kit?
- 7 Layer MLS Exhaust Manifold Gasket
- Turbocharger Oil Drain
- New Exhaust Manifold Studs & Nuts
- Garret HD-200 Turbocharger with Universal Wastegate Bracket
- Australian Made Turbocharger Oil Feed & Drain Lines
- HD Multi-fit Turbocharger Exhaust Manifold
- 3″ 304 Grade Stainless Steel Turbocharger Dump Pipe with 1/8 Npt Fitting
- T2 Turbocharger Inlet Gasket
- Handmade Aluminium Induction Pipes with Bead Rolled Ends
- All required Hose Clamps
- All fitting Hardware
- Instructions & Fitting guide
- 36mm compressor inducer
- Integrated wastegate assembly with calibrated actuator
- Billet compressor wheel with extended tip design for higher pressure ratio capability
- GTX Gen II compressor aero
- Forged fully-machined compressor wheel
- Journal bearing rotating group
- Internally wastegated turbine housing
- Australian designed & hand-crafted in Brisbane, QLD
- Ported and machined faces
- Engineered for quick spool times by retaining a short runner and merge style collectors
- High mounted position to show off your brand new HD Auto turbo kit, and keep it away from elements when off-road
Q: Will this fit my 5L-E?
A: No, this kit will not fit the 5L-E engine as they run a different airbox and intake manifold.
Q: Do I have to get my car tuned once this kit is fitted?
A: Tuning is not required to start & drive the vehicle. There is minimal improvement made untuned, however. We highly recommend you have the vehicle dyno tuned by a reputabe diesel tuning centre. We can offer a simple tuning guide if you would like to perform this at your own risk.
Q: What PSI wastegate does it run?
A: It runs a 0.5 BAR / 7.2PSI waste gate. To increase the boost pressure, you will have to fit a Turbosmart Boost Controller.
Q: Does this fit with my air con compressor?
A: Yes, there is signficiant clearance for all models of AC compressor, whether it be aftermarket, factory or dealer fitted.
Q: Can I plumb the turbocharger oil return into my vacuum pump/alternator drain?
A: No. You must not plumb the drain into the vacuum pump/alternator oil drain. If you do this, there will be no warranty on the turbocharger what so ever as it cannot successfully drain oil from the turbo causing it to back up the drain hose. This will immediately or eventually blow the turbo oil seals. It must be fitted to the highest point in the engines sump with the supplied fittings.
Q: How much boost can I run?
A: We rate these units up to 25psi of boost.
Q: Do I need to run water lines to the turbo?
A: No. They are oil cooled only and do not have any provision for water cooling.
Q: How much of an improvement can I expect this kit to make to the performance of my vehicle?
A: In stock form, on our in house Mainline Chassis Dyno, the LN106 3L & LN167 5L engines will make anywhere from 40-60hp & 110-150nm of toque. When fitted with our turbocharger kit, we see an improvement in power to approximately 110hp & 380nm at 15psi of boost and 20:1 AFR.
Note: At times there can be a backorder of this product. We ensure to get every kit out in an extremely timely manner however do occasionally face delays of up to 8 weeks. If you are concerned or have a deadline, please contact us to confirm stock prior to ordering.