What’s included in the kit
- Exhaust manifold (Nuts, Bolts and Exhaust manifold to turbocharger gasket)
- High Flowed JBTurbo CT26 turbocharger (Dump pipe studs, Nuts, Turbo to dump pipe gasket, Oil feed and Return fitting)
- Silicone hoses (Factory airbox to turbocharger inlet, Turbocharger to intake pipe, Clamps and T-bolts, Cap for EGR block)
- 1HZ oil sandwich plate (Stainless steel male to female fitting, Viton O-ring, 4AN fitting)
- Oil return hose (NBR rubber hose and Clamps)
- Oil return fitting (Stainless steel press-fit fitting)
- Also supplied but not pictured in the install kit is the sump spike and high-temperature RTV silicone sealant.
What is left to do after installation?
All that is required is to connect the exhaust system to the turbocharger and tune!
The turbocharger is a JBTurbo High Flowed CT26 base the same as the factory turbocharged 1HDT Landcruiser engine. If you have a HZJ80 series, a factory 3″ exhaust system will fit straight on, the turbocharger is the same bolt pattern as the factory turbocharger, and in the same factory location. HZJ75, HZJ79, HZJ105 models will require an exhaust shop to connect. Some exhaust system companies already make a Turbocharger exhaust for these models but please check with your local exhaust shop.
HZJ79 and HZJ105 series that have the later cross pipe with EGR and valve, we recommend changing this to the early type cross pipe for better performance and easier installation. These can be purchased at a wrecker for about $30.
What Increase in Power can I expect?
The JBTurbo 1hz Turbo kit will make around 80-100rwkw / 290-350rwnm from 10 to 15psi tuned at 20:1 AFR (Air Fuel Ratio). With this turbocharger 20:1 is the recommended safe tune and will see 500°C EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) at full load and very safe for towing. A 3″ flowing exhaust is standard practice when a 1HZ diesel engine is turbocharged.
JB / Eclipse Turbo FAQ